Tuesday 8 January 2019

First Day Back: Prologue

I feel like a child waiting for her first day of school. It has been four months since I have sat at my desk and tomorrow I will be back. Am I ready?

I feel reassured that my boss took the time to draw up a day-to-day comprehensive timetable of tasks for me. It makes me believe that she really wants me there, but at the same time it feels very restrictive. She is going to be watching me very closely. In the past I enjoyed (and probably took advantage of) the relaxed atmosphere. I fear there will be no more of that. What if things never go back to the way things were? What if everything I enjoyed about my job is gone?

Stop it. Positive thinking. It will be great to have purpose again. A reason to get up in the morning. The last four months have been wasted. I need to make this year count, in any way possible.

I'm excited. Honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment