Monday 21 January 2019

CBT: Session Three ‘Why Does Everything Always Go Wrong?’

This evening’s session was interesting because it focused on ‘unhelpful thinking habits’ such as catastrophising, thinking we can read minds or assuming we can see the future! We all do it, but when you’re drowning in your thoughts, it’s harder to fight them off or apply reason.

I do try to reason with myself when I feel my mind running away from me. The ‘stream of consciousness’ post last week did just that. It’s funny, that was one of the ways we were told to tackle the thoughts - to write them down. Check me out! I’m my own therapist.

I made a decision today, to commit to a friend on a weekly basis. It will mean going out every Thursday evening and actually being with people. Why is this such a big deal? I used to do it twice/three times a week without blinking! I am proud of myself and a big part of me is hoping I might find the person I used to be. The other part is just hoping I don’t let my friend down. This used to be so easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment