Tuesday 15 January 2019

CBT: Session Two ‘I Can’t Be Bothered Doing Anything’

Lack of enthusiasm is something I am really struggling with at present.  I struggled to get out of bed this morning at 9:30am.  I got into bed at 22:30 last night.  That's eleven hours lying down.  So why am I so tired when I get up?  Last night's CBT session told me to set myself a 'bed time' and a 'get up time', but seeing as I don't start work until 11am at present, the temptation to stay in bed that little bit longer is just too strong.

The vivid dreams make sleep feel less restful.  Last night I dreamt I discovered my childhood Wendy-house had burned down.  It was intense.

I need to do more with my conscious time.  Binge-watching TV shows is not a good use of my time.  And I'm a bad influence on my mum.  This must stop.  I have so many books to read.  I have a reputation as a bookworm, but I struggle to focus long enough to read a chapter.

Upside: I haven't had a headache in two days - that's progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment