Monday 18 February 2019

CBT: Session Six 'The Things You Do That Mess You Up'

This session really resonated with me, for two reasons - procrastination and rumination. It feels like I am living in a constant cycle of procrastination and rumination.

At work I find myself wasting so much time and leaving jobs until the very last minute, or after the last minute, in some cases. Time just disappears. It can take me two weeks to type up a two hour meeting. How??

Weekends just disappear. When I was off work, days would melt into each other and I would achieve nothing. Four months of wasted time I will never get back.

And as for rumination, I can't stand to be alone in my own head, hence my obsession with audiobooks. I can't sleep without them. As soon as my head hits the pillow, my brain goes into overdrive and I can spend hours lying awake thinking about every mistake I've ever made. The walk to work I need my earphones in, or I would drive myself crazy. Surely that's not normal?

This evening we were also told to identify bad habits. Binge-watching TV is definitely a bad habit, as it's every single night. It's all we do during the week (except Thursdays now). I have to find a way to break that habit. Not just for me, for Mum too. I also need to work on my sugar addiction. And procrastination is obviously a big one.

Lots of homework tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment