Friday 15 February 2019

CBT: Session Five 'How to Fix Almost Everything'


The CBT session on Monday made me feel weirdly... restless.  The theme was ‘how to fix almost everything’ and there were strategies on breaking problems down into easy-to-solve chunks.  During the session we had to think of a problem to solve and use a worksheet to solve it.  I couldn’t think of one.  That doesn’t mean I don’t have any problems.  I know I have problems.  Maybe it’s because I don’t think my problems can be solved with a worksheet?  Only ‘practical’ problems can be solved with this model.  Does this mean all my problems are ‘hypothetical’ problems? 

I know headaches can’t be ‘solved’ and right now that is the only problem I can see.  Since I had an EEG yesterday and was forced to stare at strobe lights with sensors stuck to my scalp, my head has been screaming.

Do I tell my boss?  I don’t want to let her down.  She seems pleased with my progress and if I let her know I’m struggling, it will make her doubt my abilities.  I wish I could switch off this voice in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment