Tuesday 17 April 2012

Charity Shops

When you hear the term "shopaholic" you probably think of girls going about town with hundreds of pounds worth of designer clothes. I suppose I am a small-time shopaholic. I love charity shops, but they have ruined me for high-street shopping. The phrase "how much?!" is guaranteed to pass my lips, or at least my mind. I can go charity shopping with £20 and come back with a pair of trousers, three tops and... various books. I find myself cringing at an item of clothing costing more than £5.

I suppose this is a good thing? Is there such a thing as being TOO frugal? My nine year old cousin has been taught well. She believes "they are like real shops but cheap!". I think is a good view for a child to have; to understand that something does not need to be expensive to be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment